Interaction designer Maarten Lierop and email marketer Jordie van Rijn believe that accessibility needs to be included in the email newsletter industry standard.
The two have developed an accessibility evaluation tool called accessible-email. Email marketing professionals and industry developers can test newsletter code to receive an overview of the accessibility level and suggestions on improvements that need to be made.
How it works
Navigate to http://www.accessible-email.org
1) Paste your HTML email newsletter HTML code into the “Improve HTML code” box:
2) Press the Open Editor button.
3) On the next screen, you’ll see the HTML code in the left pane and the accessibility errors in the right pane.
1) To test sent campaigns, paste the campaign URL in the “Analyze sent campaigns” box:
2) Press the Generate report button
3) Review the Email Accessibility Report on the next screen.
WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY TESTING & REMEDIATION SERVICES: Mary Gillen is an experienced Website Accessibility Compliance Auditor and Remediator. She can test your website to determine if it meets accessibility standards:
WCAG 2.1: 312 checkpoints covering A, AA and AAA W3 accessibility guidelines
Section 508: 15 US federal guidelines covered by 59 accessibility checkpoints