Using InDesign to export a PDF file?
Sometimes you will find the error “‘F’ or ‘UF’ key missing in file specification” when checking the accessibility of the PDF in PAC 3.
Here’s how to fix it, using Adobe Acrobat Pro:
1) Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
2) Select More Tools > Print Production >Preflight.
3) Select the Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles from the drop-down within the Preflight dialog box.
4) Click the blue wrench icon.
5) Under the Document category, select the Insert missing F and UF entries for embedded files option.
6) Press the Fix button in the bottom right corner of the dialog.
7) Save the PDF file.
8) Test the PDF again in PAC 3.
9) The original error should now “pass” as accessible.
Whether you have limited experience with the PDF remediation process, are expanding your knowledge on how to remediate PDFs, or simply need a resource that can help remind you how to fix a frustrating error, the info provided in this e-book can help.