As an accessibility testing auditor & remediator, I provide commented layouts in PDF format to website developers to help them fix the sections of web pages that need to meet WCAG 2.1 Guideline compliance.
Many of the web pages have the same header and footer content. It is time consuming to have to comment the same sections over and over again for each PDF website page layout.
SO…HERE’S THE FIX
1) In Acrobat Pro DC, add comments to the header and footer (or any other sections that are consistent on all the website pages you are testing) of a “master” layout PDF file…most likely the Home Page. Save the PDF file.
2) In Acrobat Pro DC, open the “clean” copy of the PDF where you want to import the comments.
3) Click the Comment Tool to open the Comments panel.
4) Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the Comments panel.
5) Select Import Data File.
6) In the Import Comments dialog, select the PDF file that contains the tester’s comments you want to import.
7) Click Open and the comments will be imported into the “clean” PDF. Save the PDF.
Whether you have limited experience with the PDF remediation process, are expanding your knowledge on how to remediate PDFs, or simply need a resource that can help remind you how to fix a frustrating error, the info provided in this e-book can help.